While the holiday season can be filled with joy, it can also be a stressful time of year. You may be worried about traveling, money, buying gifts, hosting out-of-town visitors, or even dealing with the loss of a loved one or an uncomfortable family situation. Yoga and meditation can help you focus on what’s important while also strengthening your mind, body and spirit. By practicing yoga and meditation with Goorus this holiday season, you can take control, face challenges, and find peace and enjoyment.
Confused about where to begin? Try one (or all) of the following suggestions:
· Join Jahna Perricone for Mindful Meditation every Monday from 8:30-9am. This is a drop-in, pay-as-you-like class.
· Stephanie Kang teaches Yin yoga on Tuesdays from 5-6:25pm, while Katy Impellizzeri teaches Yin yoga on Thursdays from 5-6:15pm. Moving slowly and holding poses for longer periods can be deeply relaxing and restorative.
· Jessica Miller teaches a Gentle Yoga class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-2pm. A perfect mid-day break, this class is a physically slower, more mindful approach to yoga. Jessica is also leading a Self-Care With Reiki & Essential Oils workshop on Saturday, December 12, 1-3pm; cost is $30 if booked by 12/11.
· Michael and Jahna Perricone will lead a Tibetan Singing Bowl Sound Bath workshop on Sunday, December 13 from 3-5pm. This dynamic duo will teach participants how to use their own voices and singing bowls as instruments for self-healing. Workshop cost is $35 if reserved by 12/12.
· Michelle Kronenberg typically teaches twice per month, on the second and fourth Mondays, from 7-8:25pm. Due to the holidays, she can only teach Restoratives & Meditation once in November and once in December. Try to catch her last class of 2015 in Monday, December 14.
· Everybody feels good after a deep belly laugh, right?! Indy Rishi Singh will lead a Laughter Yoga workshop on Tuesday, December 15 from 7 to 8pm. Cost is $30 per person, but if you bring a friend, you will each get in for the low cost of $20pp.
· Nichola Dunne teaches Urban Zen on Sundays from 5:15-6:25pm and on Wednesdays from 5:45-6:55pm. Urban Zen is a unique combination of yoga, reiki, and breathwork; therapeutic essential oils are used throughout the class and help cultivate a sense of calm and equanimity.
Finally, if you don’t know what to give your loved ones for the holidays, why not give them the gift of yoga? Invite your family and other out-of-town visitors to join you for your favorite class at Goorus. We can also customize gift certificates to meet your needs—perhaps your friend or loved one would appreciate one-on-one yoga instruction? Maybe they’d like to take a workshop? And, don’t forget, we can serve as a location for a fresh, fun, and healthy holiday party. Keep us in mind for your next girls’ night out, club meeting, or birthday party.
To learn more, call us at 310-765-4871, email us at email@example.com, or swing by the studio at 15327 W Sunset Boulevard in Pacific Palisades. John and I would love to see you!